Greater Light is a house built by two sisters in the 1920's as a summer residence, art studio, and salon. The sisters supported the arts on the island for many years by hosting salons in their wonderfully designed house full of eclectic furnishings, art, and objects gathered from their collecting trips all over the world. This image is from the garden looking towards the house. The fan back chair is where the elder sister, Hanna would sit and host her gatherings. The house is now owned by the Nantucket Historical Association and still hosts workshops, classes, and performances in the arts.
This was painted en plein air.